Monday, February 13, 2012

Psalm 105:39 He spread out a cloud as a covering, and a fire to give light at night. 40 They asked, and he brought them quail; he fed them well with the bread of heaven. 41 He opened the rock, and water gushed out; it flowed like a river in the desert.

There are some things that bring joy to my heart, Quail being one of them. I bought a cement set of mother and babies quite a while ago, like several years earlier. My neighbour and I discuss them fairly often, she hates them as they dig up her garden, I  love the way they run and talk to each other and I don't mind that they make a mess as I have two dogs and they certainly do. There was this fantastic stand in at the Salvation Army store the other day with three burls and a root of sorts. I jumped at it and brought it home. My quail were needing paint and fixing so that was my project last Friday. I will be setting these darlings out in my garden and hopefully the quail will enjoy them as well. I just have to seal their cotes and let it dry and then they will be au natural, at least in my mind. 

My newest family of Quail guaranteed to stay put.
There are so many joy givers in my life, in my garden and surrounding me. The trees will be pruned soon and as they have been neglected they should be much happier. Gardening will be beginning soon and that will bring me some much needed exercise. There are so many chores to begin, planting all my begonias will start soon. They do so much better if I start them in my kitchen but oh the clutter, each year they survive and I have more and more. If I were to have one wish is they could smell like  a lily or gardenia. Maybe I just want too much. The perfection of the blooms is amazing and they are so elegant, I plant them right outside my dining room window  past the quail and the humming birds flutter around there at meal times. 















No comments:

Post a Comment